Even though I set this blog up in order to plug this book (look at the title of the blog! Up there, on the masthead! Doesn't that give you a clue?) I'm feeling a little awkward pushing Sibilant Fricative: the Book upon you yet again. That said, it would be remiss of me not to alert you to the existence of some reviews. What does 'Hexed' think?
A great miscellany, filled with sharp, versatile, roving appraisals, of and meditations on, SF & fantasy books and cinema. Shows that the best way to think about the big picture of genre writing is often with a particular specimen right in front of you.Five stars! Meanwhile, over on his blog, the estimable Ray Garraty considers the collection at length:
Roberts is definitely among the top five British reviewers, stuck somewhere between the genres. He can read the dullest fantasy, and can casually review Booker short list in its entirety. He is always looking for something new in the literature, but not disgusted by musty space opera. Roberts is a heir to John Clute and a colleague of Paul Kincaid, but will compete with Adam Mars-Jones.He calls it 'this important and necessary book'; and who am I to argue with that? So, heartened, I hereby plug:
1. Amazon.co.uk has the ebook at £3.42.
2. It's $5.58 over on amazon.com.
For those who prefer not to patronise amazon, I'm assured it will soon be available via SpaceWitch.com; though it doesn't seem to be up there at the moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment